Welcome To Chimera Miniatures: Our blog thats dedicated to Mine and My fiancées painting studio!

Monday, August 31, 2015

30k ULTRAMARINES Remus Ventanus Captain of the 4th Company!

I've been back and forth on what legion I've wanted to mainly focus on, I love the Ultramarines legion The imperial fits, The Iron Hands and The World Eaters. I originally invested in the Imperial fist Command set, and Alexis Polux, which I purchased after doing my test minis. However after them sitting now for months, and starting Ultramarines, which I've always wanted to have an Ultra army, ever since I first started warhammer, I've decided to build those fists... Or should I say the ultimate heresy and "convert them" Into 30k Ultramarines

After Listening to the Audiobooks for the Mark of Calth, and researching Remus I instantly fell in love with the 4th Company and Decided I'd build The 4ths Captain Remus Ventanus.






 If you get a chance be sure to check out his Biography here on the lexicanum:




HE IS AN utter badass, And deserves an amazing model, out of all the captains from all the legions he's without a doubt my Favorite, So I decided to sacrifice my third favorite captain (kharns' my second, and Atticus of the Ironhands my 4th) Alexis Polux!


Heres the start of Him Primed and Sprayed Vallejo Game Air magic Blue:






And the Start of his face painted! He still needs more definition, Highlights, and of coarse his eyes.



I got his armor as close as I could an even sculpted the cables and added the vent part to the armor, the changes I figured it was alright to have a bit different armor, a he would have been given honours, and improved his damaged armor after the battle of Calth, when He became Guilliman's trusted advisor! Remus even helped find holes and faults in the codex astartes! 








I also chose a bit different of a helmet as I honestly cant stand the one in the artwork of him, but also didn't have one in my collection that resembled it by any means, for anyone interested in doing a similar conversion there is great conversion bits sites out there!




SO he ended up looking close, but not exact to Remus's art work, most of the created models I've seen people do, were also fairly close as well, the od done being exact, But I aimed for something jut a little different, that I coudl manage to make. Now for the head:


I chose the Forge World Terminator Praetor head for two reasons: with sculted hair it would look close in appearance to Remus, as well as its a larger face and doesn't sit too small in Alexis Pollux;s huge armor as he's gigantic!


Now on to how I sculpted Remus hair:





1.) I literally put a small amout of green stuff on the top of the Head.


2.) Than manouever with a hobby knife it into position of where I want the hair to sit

3.) and then use a hobby knife to shape the sides into the areas of where I Want the left and right hair line

In this case Remus hair is very simple, and less complex than most.


4.) I slowly moved the hair in the front to have a bit of a comb-over as shown in fws art


5.) Finally using the hobby knife or fine sculptinf tool, I scar up the hair to make it very realistic looking (as a pose to flat) and add lines to show flow movement and individual strands!


6.) the Hair is officially complete!


Iv'e only ever sculpted hair 5-6 times heres one of my other miniatures as an example:



Strike Captian Perseus:






Any questions, comments, concerns, or Conversion/Painting inquiries leave us a comment or email:
chimera-miniatures@hotmail.com
Thank-You
Tyler Read


No comments:

Post a Comment