Welcome To Chimera Miniatures: Our blog thats dedicated to Mine and My fiancées painting studio!

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

30k ULTRAMARINES! + Brass set Review!

Hi everyone A long with Age of Sigmar, Ive been slowly puttering away at my 30k (from the end of the heresy) Ultramarines, I've got magic Blue Vallejo game air paint ordered and on the way specifically for them, And as I've posted before been heavily converting Ultramarines! Two of my models, One of which is the age of Sigmar free model, Needed a lot of work to fit in with the Ultra Legion, While I love the stormcast minis for Age of sigmar, a lot about them resembles Marine armor, closely but not quite enough! I'm hoping the brass icons Ive added have helped square that problem away!

Overall he brass set was amazing to work with, very durable, and yet flexible so it bends around the armor, to create a smooth emblem setting!


So many symbols, and add ons for such an excellent price! I highly recommend buying these sets (which come for all legions, and many chapters) As you can tell my one hobby table is a tad bit messy! but heres some shots to show you one of my painting/converting areas in my studio:

 
Weirdly enough I have both a lab top and tablet in here going, normally with tutorials on the tablet, and movies, batreps or audio dramas going on the laptop, but I found my phone is a great addition in which I listen to lots of music on more so then use as a phone these days haha if you look real close I'm actually watching a tutrial on how to Paint KRELL for Vampire Counts!

But enough about my mess, back to the ULTRAMARINE BRASS SET...

here's two symbols used on what was  originally the Ultramarine Praetor who is now a BOARDING SGT (Ive built him a shield, and removed his hand I just don't have photos yet...)




For the AGE of SIGMAR 30k MArine yo may have seen in my earlier posts I was building him a massive display base (that he Will be magnetized too) and had plans of making it similar to Roboute Guillimans', the Primarch of the Ultramarines:



With use of the brass set heres what I managed to come up with:




And Finally the Sigmarine (lol) ULTRAMARINE 30k PRAETOR with Brass Add ons:








Any questions, comments, concerns, or Conversion/Painting inquiries leave us a comment or email:
chimera-miniatures@hotmail.com
Thank-You
Tyler Read


No comments:

Post a Comment