Welcome To Chimera Miniatures: Our blog thats dedicated to Mine and My fiancées painting studio!

Sunday, June 09, 2013

Whats NEW at CHIMERA STUDIOS!

We at CHIMERA MINIATURES would like to make Three big announcements:

1. CHIMERA MINIATURES will be doing a series of painting Tutorials related to all things NURGLISH! As I paint my standard bearer ill be doing photo tutorials on everything from painting puss and rot, to rusted  vile armour, how to paint zombie faces, painting eyes of chaos, just overall review of everything it'll take to make your CHAOS WARRIORS rotten enough to be called PLAGUE MARINES

2. CHIMERA MINIATURES will be releasing a new Website by the end of June, which will be a purchasing/commissions website, it will feature hobby products (such as CHIMERAS' specialty line of paints), Pro painted miniatures, Already built Customs, Painting services for your miniatures, specialty commissions, as well as my Paintings for sale and Comic books

3. CHIMERA MINIATURES will be opening up our new store/studio in August! stay very much tuned for details on that one!!

Now...
Before I venture into What will be my first Painting tutorial, which is a more of "How to Paint NURGLE STANDARD BEARERS" Im going to first just do a quick post about Chimeras' Friday/Saturday purchases; Danielle and I both went to J&B Books Friday evening, we finally bought some new green stuff, a massive tube set. We aslo bought two new Army Painter Wargamer: insane detail brushes, Tons of Citadel layers and base paints, mostly colours for the NURGLE ZOMBIE ARMY, different grasses and shrubs (to add to my case) She of coarse grabbed the latest issue of The Walking Dead, and directed my attention to a re release of the very first issue, I couldn't help myself! Lastly I bought Danielle purple dice, and the Chaos Terminator lord pack, which i was very impressed by !

Saturday was much more brief grocery shopping, then Followed buy a purchase of two fine liner brushes, then to another store where I bought paint containers(two sets of four) and three tubes of paint, this is where it gets interesting: NEON PAINT

yes I said it, NEON. Its going to be a beautiful thing an entire army of TOXIC Nurgle face rotting skin eatin' vile flesh bags spewing rot EVERYWHERE, I can just picture it now EVERYWHERE!!!

out of the neon colours I purchased I was able to do some mixing, adding other greens and such and was able to add to CHIMERA MINIATURES new line of paints: this one is "Toxic Rot Green"

Container of Toxic Rot Green without labels or CHIMERAS' logo
Sorta reminds me of OOZE from TMNT2

Oh P.S.: J&B books, if you dont know it, is a local hobbyshop/comic book shop located in Trenton Ontario its one of the few locations that I venture for all my hobby needs! they can be found online here at: http://jandbbooks.com/

COME BACK NEXT TIME FOR MY NEW ONGOING TUTORIAL SERIES : How to paint "ZOMBIE NURGLE STANDARD BEARER" "Cronius the Bearer of Plagues"

Any questions comments or concerns or Conversion/Painting inquiries email:
chimera-miniatures@hotmail.com
Thank-You
Tyler Read

No comments:

Post a Comment