Welcome To Chimera Miniatures: Our blog thats dedicated to Mine and My fiancées painting studio!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

SPACEMARINES: The GOLDEN HELM!

Chimera Miniatures is proud to announce my first painted SPACEMARINE ever! not to mention my first painted miniature! The army which he serves, and is loyal to, will be the GOLDEN HELM, serving under LORD PALADIN GOLDHELM the III.
 ~                                                     ~
 + GOLDEN HELM GUARDSMAN+

Chimera Miniatures purchased this set of 6 Spacemarine guard (which is where the GOLDEN HELM SPACEMARINE is FROM), and one captain from CALEBFILMS/WHITE METAL GAMES off ebay, the quality was good and so was the price, however some of the build needed work, which I was happy about.

This is the picture in which was taken by calebfilms before the purchase, when I received them I was happy with the quality, and the build, I however didn't like the position of the arm, or the direction of the Captains' Power Sword...

...luckily it was only lightly glued, I removed the arm, cut down the area and reattached it to face forward in a more striking motion...

After I removed the arm, faced it forward and re-glued, I notice that the arm looks free of armour, and skin like with veins, which is perfect!!
Im planning on using this Captain  for my Spacewolves division, Im removing the broken banner flag and turning him into a wolf captain which ill create the fluff for! the division will be the FROST WOLVES. It'll take lots of customization to make him lord of such a division, but it can be done!

Ive ordered the BlackReach boxset and the multi part Spacewolves pack, my next order will be, well large and more complex. The black reach set will be for myself, my girlfriend, and little brother to play and become accustomed to the rules, the next purchase from games workshop will be to build our individual armies,mine being the Space wolves and the Black Templars, Danielle (my girlfriend) will be the sisters of battle, and my little bro Phil has his heart set on CHAOS MARINES!!! I'm looking forward to helping him paint them!!! should be a challenge, the purchase im sure will be well over a couple grand. lol...

as for the black reach set..
Ive got major custom plans for the warboss, and his slaves.. He'll Be Warbosss SKINWALKER, the collector of skullz...Stay tuned fo the customization posts!!
The ULTRAMARINES will actually be turned into the rest of the GOLDEN HELM. the new non broken Captain will Become Lord PALADIN GOLDHELM (an army I will eventually sell, if your interested?)
The removed banner from the first captain will be put on a base, with a dead GOLDEN HELM marine as a fallen standard bearer!!!

Stay tuned for more updates, and posts (ill do a post on how I paint miniatures, both dry brush and wash, as well as priming your figures)

 If your interested, Id be willing to do special customs that come with back story, fluff and artwork for a great price! send me an email and we can discuss the detals...

LOYALTY to the Empire!!

for contact purposes

Tyler Read... A.K.A. Tyrant Von Doom
Chimera-miniatures@hotmail.com
+

No comments:

Post a Comment